Stone is the second most basic and common resource in starve.io and is used mostly in recipes. It is gathered with a pickaxe by hitting stone deposits, which can be found anywhere on the map. Stone is required to craft stone, gold, and diamond tools and gear (shovel, pickaxe, weapons, helmet and hammer), as well as in various types of structures. Using higher level pickaxes will collect more stone per hit. Stone can be gathered using any pickaxe, or by digging with a shovel.
Stone deposits appear in different sizes. Bigger deposits store more stone than small deposits.
Stone is used primarily for crafting middle tier items.
Stone is used to craft:
- Pickaxes (Stone Pickaxe, Golden Pickaxe, and Diamond Pickaxe)
- Swords (Stone Sword, Golden Sword, and Diamond Sword)
- Spears (Stone spear and Golden Spear)
- Hammers (Stone Hammer, Golden Hammer, and Diamond Hammer)
- Shovels (Stone Shovel and Golden Shovel)
- Helmets (Stone Helmet, Golden Helmet, and Diamond Helmet)
- Defensive Structures (Stone Wall, Stone Door, and every Spike)
- Agricultural Structures (Windmill and Bread Oven)
- Miscellaneous Structures (Workbench, Chest, and Resurrection Stone)
- Fires (Campfire, Big Fire and Furnace)
Other uses can be:
Amount of stone gathered per hit with different pickaxes:
Type of pickaxe
|Stone collected per hit|
|Mining Resources||Wood · Stone · Gold · Diamond · Amethyst · Reidite · Emerald|
|Quest Rewards|| Green Gem · Orange Gem · Blue Gem · Blue Orb · Blue Cube|
White Wolf Fur · Black Wolf Fur · Lava Orb · Lava Cube · Pitchfork Part · Pilot Glasses
|Ground Resources||Ground · Sand · Ice Cube|
|Drops||Raw Meat · Rabbit Fur · Wolf Fur · Winter Fur · Mammoth Fur · Hawk Feather · Penguin Feather · Vulture Feather · Fish · Crab Sticks · Thread · Dragon Heart · Lava Heart · Piranha Scales · Kraken Skin · Crab Claws|