Wood is the first resource players obtain. It is the most basic and common material in starve.io and is used in nearly every early recipe. Wood can be gathered by hitting trees, which can be found everywhere, especially at the edge of the map. Using (higher level) pickaxes instead of the bare hands will collect more wood per hit.
Trees appear in different shapes and sizes, depending on which biome the player is in.
- Trees in the forest:
- Trees in the winter:
- Trees on islands
Wood can be used for many purposes, however the primary purpose is for crafting. Wood is required to craft lower and middle tier utilities.
Wood is used to craft:
- Pickaxes (Wooden Pickaxe, Stone Pickaxe and Golden Pickaxe)
- Swords (Stone Sword and Golden Sword)
- Spears (Stone Spear and Golden Spear)
- Hammers (Stone Hammer and Golden Hammer)
- 30px Stone Shovel
- 30px Watering Can
- 30x30px Helmets (Stone Helmet and Golden Helmet)
- Defensive Structures (Wooden Wall, Wooden Door, and Wooden Spikes)
- 30px Agricultural Structures (Windmill, Plant Plot and Bread Oven
- Miscellaneous Structures (Workbench, Chest Totem, and Bridge)
- 30x30px Fires (Campfire, Big Fire and Furnace)
Other uses can be: